Workout Before Work
Working a 9-5 job doesn’t leave much time for fitness during the week. You might be too tired after work to hit the gym or have prior obligations. If you still want to get a great workout in and begin your day in a positive way, try waking up earlier and beginning the day with a great workout before work!
1. Get ready the night before. Lay out all your workout gear the night before so you’re ready to go once you wake up. Also plan what you will be wearing to work and what you need to bring post workout so you don’t waste any time in the morning.
2. Go to bed early. Going to bed early is key to being able to have a good workout in the morning. If you don’t get enough sleep, you’ll wind up hitting that snooze button or turning your alarm off in the morning.
3. Set multiple alarms. Keep your alarm far from your reach and set multiple alarms to make sure you wake up in the morning. Use fun songs and name your alarms with funny quotes to get you excited for your workout.
4. Hydrate. Make sure you hydrate in the morning and drink plenty of water because you haven’t had anything to drink in about 8 hours.
5. Have a light breakfast. Have a granola bar or fruit so you’re not starving during your workout and you have energy to get through it.
6. Pump yourself up! Create an awesome playlist to listen to while you work out that will get you excited and energized in the morning.
7. Eat a real breakfast. After your workout come home and have a real breakfast. Eat something with protein or a healthy smoothie to keep you energized for the rest of the day. It’s also something you can look forward to during your workout.
8. Feel great! Working out releases endorphins and can help put you in a great mood. Having positive energy before a long day at work is a great way to start your day!