A successful recruiter seeks out, interviews, and tests applicants to locate qualified candidates for job openings. They evaluate applicants on their technical skills, education, work history, personality, salary requirements, and managerial abilities. They must be in tune with their client’s needs, programs, benefits, management structure, and advancement policies to successfully deliver the best candidate. A good recruiter should have excellent communications skills, an interest in people and must be able to quickly judge a person’s suitability for a job.
- Develop and use proven, cost-effective recruiting strategies to fill job openings.
- Attend conferences, association meetings, job fairs, and other networking events to build relationships, promote the firm, and develop an understanding of the regional employment market.
- Build a pipeline of candidates and maintain relationships with qualified candidates and contacts.
- Apply expertise in consulting and technical recruiting to identify, engage, and hire candidates.
- Work closely with hiring managers, human resources manager, and executive leadership to participate in planning activities to determine hiring needs, trends, and recruiting strategies.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for recruits throughout the interviewing process (i.e., communicate status, answer questions, extend offers, schedule start dates, and coordinate all follow-up efforts).
- Track, analyze, and report candidate pipeline status, recruitment trends, and key performance indicators.
- Work with hiring manager and human resources manager to create position descriptions.
- Plan, coordinate and execute recruitment efforts (i.e., information sessions, career fairs) and interviewing efforts (i.e., establish interviewing dates, schedule interviewers).
- Build relationships and serve as the point-of-contact.
- Bachelors Degree
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communications skills
- Well spoken, comfortable with heavy phone use
- Energy, enthusiasm and professional attitude
- Strong work ethic and patience
- Internet searching proficiency
- MS Word and MS Excel
- Mircosoft Office Outlook experience
- In-house databases (training provided)