Summer is the perfect season to get a workout without staying inside or hitting the gym. There are many ways to get the blood flowing just by doing fun activities outside and using the surrounding landscape. You can enjoy these workouts solo or with friends!
- Hiking. Grab a water bottle, some snacks, and hit the trails! Enjoy the fresh air and take in the scenery.
2. Bike ride. Not interested in walking? Grab your bike, helmet, and a few friends and take a bike tour around town.
3. Join a summer league. Kickball, softball, basketball, doesn’t matter. Get out there a join a team. You will have a great time burning calories and making new friends!
4. Walk on the beach. Sand provides more resistance. A Belgian study showed it takes 2.5 times more energy to walk on sand than pavement.
5. Swimming. Whether you are at the beach or in the backyard, swimming is a great way to exercise. As an added bonus, it is a great way to cool off in the heat!